The Balrog Bridge

Questioning life's moments.



Recently, we all heard about the guy who announced that he was a non-muslim. The first time something happened like this in public in Maldives. Somehow, I am not surprised, but what did surprise me, is the reaction from the public.

I will have to also announce that I am no longer proud to be a Maldivian. The reason is what I am basing this whole article on. And it is called intolerance and violent extremism, shown by not just the people who beat up this guy during the Zakir Nike show, but by a majority of the Maldivian public.

I was randomly going around on facebook when I first started seeing how retarded and violent some people are. Hate groups have already been born, with people using terms such as these:

higaa meena rajamkuran..........

maran vee maran vee maran vee maran veee

egolaa maraalyma dhen nukereyne ehen bakahtakah egothah fuhpaaakah ,hama rajam aruvaalanvy bodu balaaehthaa dhen mee ,nagu keysaru

eynaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa maraaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaa
a...................koshalaa........chas kolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,,rihaya laaa kakaalaa.

Believe me, the only ones who commented weren't only deranged men, but weirdly unintelligent women as well. I wonder when we fell to such a state. Out of all these comments, only 5 or more comments involved saying "let's try to give him advice and bring him back". Now, you can imagine how violent people are.

If he is killed, believe me, if he is killed, that marks the end of the road of freedom for Maldives in a lot of ways. Mohamed Nasheed (Anni) can officially say goodbye to that Nobel Prize he wants so much. I never even IMAGINED what kind of people I was living alongside with. People say that something has to happen for your true colours to show, and we are seeing that all too very well right now.

Maldives, even historically, has been known to provide for a people, who were following a great culture and tradition, and were known for their unity, respect to each other and the peace all around. However, I have known for sometime that the "respect" part and the "tolerant" part of that society has been long gone for somewhile. But I always respected that people will not go to an extreme level in terms of violence. Think again. People are calling for a man to be beheaded, or tortured before being killed. And some people, are declaring they want to do it themselves. I wonder what is more wrong here. Him declaring he was not a muslim, or them declaring they would be happy to kill the guy.

Seriously, I am disappointed. I thought people would be saddened and try something good for this guy. Why don't I see this? Why do I see hate groups? Killers? Do Maldivians get some pleasure out of this? Personally, I don't care if half of our population say that they aren't muslims anymore, because then there would be sort of a civil war, and people will realize how bad violence is. As a lot of people I am with say a lot, "How much more emo can you get?" As for Maldivians, I have to say "how much less of a human will you become".




2 Comment using IntenseDebate:

The Shadowrunner said...

All is as planned. The end of the semite age is nigh. Be prepared!.

Anonymous said...

Agreed whole-heartedly.

Post a Comment