The Balrog Bridge

Questioning life's moments.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My obsession with knowing people!



Everybody is different. That's why the world is such a great place! Some of you might disagree. You just want to meet that perfect match for you! Urgh, like an opposite sex twin? Oh no, that is boring, atleast for me it is. My view on people is very different. I view people as a bit of a challenge. You can specially see this on social networking sites like Facebook, where the most random person can be seemingly a very interesting person with the weirdest status update. Again, that's is for me, atleast.

So the topic for today will be, my obsession with knowing people. By knowing, you might be actually misunderstanding what I am saying here. Knowing means, REALLY identifying what a person is like. This might take a matter of several minutes to several years. Overall, it is, very tempting, irresistible and very challenging. Three words which I can never live without!

Over the past years of my life, I have met so many people, who are so very different. I specially love meeting and knowing people from places all over the world. It is a journey, believe me. It's almost like they have this infection of carrying around their culture with them. This culture, changes with personality, and that defines your own culture.

I love people who are different. Different is contrary to popular belief, better than being normal. I usually can identify what kind of person you are, few minutes into socializing, although the times I have actually slapped the whole, "you are "insert type here" of a person" into their faces have received mixed reactions. I don't really recall why I actually do that sometimes, but usually, I just need THE reaction. That particular reaction acts as a bit of a confirmation. Most people don't even realize who they are, unless you tell them. Yes, nobody is perfect, that is very true.

I remember once, when I was having this random convo with a friend of mine, and after talking, I suddenly discovered her personality weakness (according to me atleast!), and decided I would say it. I did, and the reaction was one of the worst! Yes, there was the very upset face, and the saying of "that is very rude and so not true" part. Well, get this, others are like mirrors to that personal culture I was mentioning before. You will define it, but you can never realize how you are defining it until somebody tells you.

In the end, this is a bit of an obsession for me. I usually never really tell others what kind of person they are, until I feel the conversation or relationship is going towards a very interesting, different and amazing way or when it's just going nowhere. Sometimes, its just telling a person how great and different they are, and otherwise, its just telling them how crazy or ungrateful they are. The reactions? A smile or a smirk or whatever. Priceless, especially those heart warming smiles. However, maybe that won't be so unless you slap the person's weaknesses into their faces and tell them to deal with it (yes, now you can lol). Either way, I am obsessed with this, and I have to tell you, it is great! To be able to know what a person is like, even when they deny it, is amazing! By deny, I mean even when you tell them how interesting they are!

Well this post told the reader a lot about me as well. Yeah, you can be my mirror now haha!

2 Comment using IntenseDebate:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting! But personalities are complex things. I don't think anyone can truly figure out a person fully! Oh, and KTJ is a wonderful place to meet all sorts of people :P But awesome writing!!

Foosi said...

I love everything you have said about your "obsession" in the article. But yeah, personalities and figuring out what kind of person he/she is, is a rather complicated thing. Some people are better at it than others and one can never truly know what kind of person someone is despite how long they have known or been with each other, Take it from marriages that haven't worked out (specially in the Maldives !! where the man goes and gets married to the 30th wife after initially telling the wife that he would never get married to another ! ) Anyway, its cool that you love socializing and meeting different people all over the world. It's human nature to deny one's own weakness ! People should just accept their own weakness without getting upset over it cos no one is perfect ! But at the same time, it would be wrong to assert something about someone according to your assumptions too quickly as well ! But that is just my opinion just like you have yours.
Keep writing !!
-Eana-

Post a Comment