The Balrog Bridge

Questioning life's moments.


I wonder if many of you have heard of the recent earthquake in Haiti. Well I have, and believe me, it wasn't one of those normal earthquakes. This one killed, almost as much as the entire Maldivian population itself. Now, the school in which I study actually raised funds to help out the victims, and over the days, I have seen a lot of popular websites promoting help funds run by different organizations, most notably, the Red Cross.

Now, I saw this picture on a blog, and I was very deeply offended. As a human being, and as a person who doesn't want some random ideas like this representing the opinion of every single Maldivian out there.

Are we seriously supposed to believe what the so-called Islamic Ministry has to say about such a tragedy. I was always under the impression that our religion, Islam was a peaceful religion, where people are supposed to help each other during harsh times and incidents like this. Yet, the people who run that particular ministry and that website, decided to label the victims as a very bad people, who "deserved" what was coming to them.

I want to laugh at that. Seriously, is this how the Maldivian government actually looks at major international incidents which takes away thousands of lives? Are we seriously represented by the voice of, one single Ministry? What kind of heartless human beings are they? We are talking about millions of lives here, and yet, you want to label them as "deserving" punishment in this form.

Let me emphasize on the punishment part. If our government thinks that Haitians deserved this, because they are "sinners", what about the rest of the world? I don't see our country with 100% nice people. No, I see thieves, rapists, child molesters and murderers. I wonder why our country is not getting hit by tsunamis every week! If thats what these heartless idiots think, then we SHOULD be getting hit by tsunamis almost everyday, until every single one of us is dead, except the "undeserving", whom most likely would be regarded as themselves.

Think about it. In their context, the Jews of Israel are the worst people out there. Shouldn't they be hit by earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes until they are destroyed fully? This was a very sad incident indeed, and Haitians were very unlucky. I call upon those bastards who run this ministry, to go onto Wikipedia, and read about geology, and how the earth is still active in that manner. Oh yeah, I am sure that the 2004 tsunami was because, "we are a bad people" or we are "sinners".

First of all, have a bit of respect for humanity, before blaming others and laughing at their misery!

2 Comment using IntenseDebate:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. You couldn't have expressed it better and for once I don't have any complaints or objections. =)
Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I can't read Jawi/Arabic, but that's just wrong. A statement like that wouldn't even appear out of an 8 year old's mouth.

Post a Comment